Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Watch Out Nelly!

I am inclined to believe that the old saying
that goes something like..
"the best laid plans of mice and men..."
might,...
just might be describing my life...
Any time I think a day or a situation will go a certain way..
Well, Watch Out Nelly !
It will change!
At the beginning of last week...
even though I still needed to unpack more boxes..
we decided we would make a trip home..
take care of needed business
and see family..
then come back to boxes and the prep
for Christmas celebrations!
To make a very long story short...
This past week
Atrial Fib has reared it's ugly head again..
(Many of you will recall, it came calling the first time in Savannah)
This time however, when it came knocking
it stayed around for awhile before being mentioned..
thus, letting a window of opportunity
for electric cardioversion slip by...
(In the past chemical cardioversion just wouldn't work)
Driving into Alabama,
we stopped and Michael spent till Friday
on the unit in the UAB health care system...


Russ and Tim came by and visited while he was on the unit..
He was discharged Friday...
with all kinds of discharge instructions.
We ran up to Cullman to take care of that
all important business..
and Mike got to see his mother for about 10 minutes
before we headed back to South Carolina...
Meetings were in the plans for monday morning..
no more time to spend...
***
Felice and Michael W. are headed this way tomorrow...
a Christmas tree was bought on a lot..
it still stands in the garage in a net...
boxes are still here and there..
guest rooms still need tweaking...
and the Christmas decorations could be in a box marked "artifacts"
I am not real sure...
But, one thing is for certain...
this will be one of the best Christmases ever...
"Why?" you ask..
Because, I still have my Michael here with me!
***




***
Michael, if I could sit on the porch with God...
the first thing I would do...
is thank him for you!

No comments: