Thursday, October 16, 2008

Through the van window...

Sunday , October 12, 2008
Michael & I left Virginia headed north to N.H.
I started taking pictures in the middle of the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel..
Will have to take pictures as we go through Washington D.C. at another time
the Baltimore tunnel is probably close to at least 2 miles long...
The Delaware River bridge makes me want to close my eyes
as I drive across!! (Good thing Michael was driving!)No pictures were taken along the New Jersey Turnpike till you could see
N.Y.C. across the way...The George Washington Bridge is one way across from the N.J. Turnpike
into the city...
After the G.W.B. ..we take The Henry Hudson Parkway through
the rest of New York...first the city..then on up through the state ...






Connecticut...the further north we getthe more color we sawon into Massachusetts...

As the sun set over in the west my batteries died..

The next morning in Rye...
it was grey and cloudy ..
but with new batteries I
took a few pictures
out my kitchen window..




It has been almost a week now since we came back
across the Mason Dixon line...
every thing continues to change colors
(including my nose, lips and toes!!)
they (& just who are they?) say
peak color will be in this area in a week or two...
I am enjoying it very much now...
just a short stroll or drive makes you itch
for canvas and paint....
Michael & I plan to go see the seals on the shore tomorrow or Sunday..
I will take the camera !

p.s.
Please excuse any mistakes..I am still learning how to do this blog thing...I tried to get all the pictures in the right order....and there is one that was accidentlly put on twice....still can't figure out how to delete it...so it straggles on at the end...
Well, "bless my heart"
...yes I am still Southern...
D.













































































































































































































































































































No comments: